Thursday, August 27, 2009

You can't stay mad at the setting sun

It was in the march of the winter
I turned seventeen
That I bought those pills
I thought I would need
And I wrote a letter
To my family
Said it's not your fault
And you've been good to me
Just lately I've been feeling
Like I don't belong
Like the ground's not mine
To walk upon
And I've heard that music
Echo through the house
Where my grandmother drank
By herself
And I sat watching a flower
As it was withering
I was embarrassed by It's honesty
So I'd prefer to be remembered As a smiling face
Not this fucking wreck
That's taken it's place



So please forgive what I have done
No, you can't stay mad at the setting sun
We all get tired, I mean, eventually
There is nothing left to do but sleep




Fucking beautiful lyrics. One of the Best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment