Sunday, August 15, 2010

Confession



When i was sorting through all my songs today i realised i used to really have this fucked up mindset. I used to think that the less well known the bands/ songs are the better it is, that i realised that this thinking is really damn fucked up and immature actually. Not saying that the songs aren't good either, but the most important thing is that as long as the songs are nice that's the main thing, not how well known the band/ singer is. I guess i have become a lot mature in this aspect and really came to realise how childish this mind set is. Haha i suppose i was being a total kid back then.

I suppose sometimes people has this mindset that by listening to less well known stuffs this makes them more unique that kinda thing. But in my opinion , I have came to realise that music isn't some sort of medium to show off how unique or cool you are, its just something thought provoking and inspiring.Something to occupy my mind when things get a little too silent , or to soothe those inner battles that's raging on in my head. Sometimes it's just to block my ears from the endless banter of the commuters on the train or it just kinda pushes my mind back to my thoughts where I just retreat into my own little world.

When i listen to songs on the train, i'll think about what i want to achieve in my life, what i want for the future. I'll take a look at the surrounding commuters ( especially the adults ( Esp the grumpy looking ones)) and think to myself i will not allow myself to become part of the mindless, dreamless masses. I don't want to be part of the crowd when i am an adult grudgingly thinking about my unfulfilled dreams and goals. Resigning myself to the fate of getting some boring ass job and waking up for the morning commute. HAHA for all i know, somebody out there might be looking at me and saying the same thing in their head.

And yes, I've digressed. I've always believe that a dreamless person is really a sad person. True story. ( sorry for the HIMYM meme couldn't help it having some withdrawal symptoms, and some Big bang theory withdrawal symptoms too)

Whoa this is like the first seriously personal post i've written in months. Oh and on more thing, having said all that , there are some songs that are still crap.But its just a personal opinion thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment